BIO5 Membership is a non-salaried, non-tenure eligible, faculty joint appointment within the BIO5 Institute. Members are interested in promoting the research and innovation mission of the University of Arizona. These appointments recognize, encourage, and advance collaboration between researchers in the life sciences at the UArizona.
- Recognition as a BIO5 Faculty Member
- Priority use of shared resources, equipment and services of the BIO5 Institute
- Marketing and communications support to help promote member research
- Intellectual property (IP) and technology transfer assistance
- Technical assistance
- Opportunities to participate in BIO5 sponsored programs and events
- Ability to apply for interdisciplinary seed grants
- Assistance with the development of relationships between BIO5 members and external partners
- Heavily subsidized media facility located in the Keating building
- Event planning assistance as appropriate
- Golf cart loans for campus transportation
- Opportunities to participate in collaborative research projects
- Influence in BIO5 initiatives
- Must be a faculty member with primary appointment(s) in the University of Arizona, or invited Designated Campus Colleagues holding active research appointments at the University of Arizona
- An active research program and commitment to interact with other University of Arizona scientists in multi and interdisciplinary projects
- Members are expected to contribute to the education, research, and service activites of BIO5 (activities may include: serving as a guest lecturer, presenting at seminars, mentoring, collaborative grant writing, conference participation, engagement in networking and outreach events and tours, and other efforts that support the activities and goals of BIO5)
- Membership also requires approval of the applying faculty member's academic dean and home department head
- Memberships reviews and renewals are conducted every three (3) years and request an updated CV/Biosketch, photo, and research impact statement
If you have questions about BIO5, membership, or the application process please feel free to contact the BIO5 Membership Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more, visit us at www.BIO5.org and apply for membership today!